Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why Blog?

There are several reasons why I decided to start blogging. The simplest one being that God is writing a story on my heart that I simply cannot keep to myself. It is my divine romance....my story of love. You remember what it was like when a friend fell in love and you thought "If I have to hear about this one more time, I think I'll strangle myself." Well, here I am. :) Fortunate for us both, you have a choice whether to read or not. I cannot not talk about Jesus. He is everything. To say that He has been faithful to me is a drastic understatement. The thought of being completely open and vulnerable in front of anyone is intimidating. However, I have found freedom and healing in laying myself bare and allowing God to use me however He desires. That leads to the other reason I decided to share my journey. If my sweet Savior, the very One that gave everything He had for me, when I had nothing to offer in return, used even a minuscule part of my journey to draw someone to Him and to offer them hope and encouragement, I would consider it a privilege. Which leads to the last and most important reason. He deserves my praise. I am evidence that God can take the broken and wretched and unknowingly destitute and breathe new life into it... Father, you hold my heart in Your hands....this is my offering to You. May You alone receive the honor and glory and praise that is due You."Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment