Monday, October 11, 2010

Face of the fatherless...Rossell


Forgotten Children's Ministries is a non-profit based in the United States that for the past 8 years has been rescuing children from the streets of Honduras. They currently have two boys shelters. Noah's Ark Shelter is located in the city and houses the younger boys up to around age 12 and also includes a transition house that holds the older boys that desire to go to college once they graduate from high school. Grace Farm is located outside of the city and houses the boys over the age of 12 that are in high school or either some type of technical school.

This is Rossell. He is 22 years old and is currently living in the transition house. He has lived at the ministry since its very beginning. His mother died, and he was left to fend for himself on the street. He was picked up by the ministry and has lived here since he was 14 years old. Rossell is in his second year of college and is studying to be a computer programmer. He is also taking English classes for which I was beyond happy to find out because I could communicate with him. When I asked him a little bit about living here he told me that he knew God had given him this opportunity and he wanted to make the most of it.

This is Rossell and Cindy.....
Cindy is Rossell's sponsor. She was in one of the very first mission groups that came at the beginning of Forgotten Children's Ministries start and met Rossell when he was only 14. Needless to say she fell in love with him and now comes back at least once a year to spend time with him and the other boys of the ministry. The Lord gave me the sweetest blessing while talking to Rossell today. Cindy walked by and asked if I'd take their picture together and as I started to snap the photo I joked 'act like you love each other!' To which he replied 'I do love her' and then he reached out and held her hand in his. In that moment the Lord allowed me to glimpse something beautiful...it was a deep love between two people...two people that don't even live in the same country...and that barely speak the same language...but this lady 8 years ago on a trip just like the one I am on met a little boy ...a little boy suddenly left with no mother or no family...a little boy left to beg on the streets...a little boy that the Lord rescued from the streets...and she was moved to do something and her life was forever changed...and in the process so was his...only the Lord can knit two hearts together like that.

Needless to say I started to cry at the pure sweetness of the moment...and then this sweet boy... who is now a man... reached out to comfort me...and in that moment I gained a new brother. God is so good and so faithful.
If you are interested in sponsorship you may visit FCM's website at http://www.forgottenchildrenministries.org. The thing I love,love, love about this ministry is that they encourage relationship building and you actually have the opportunity to visit and form a relationship with the child you sponsor.
















2 comments:

  1. precious story! I am about to move your blog to my adoption blogs...I hope that is okay! I just love all these stories of how God is calling you to serve and love the fatherless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sister. Proud of you and praying for you! Love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete