Friday, December 3, 2010

Journey back to South Africa...

When we took this photo back in August, I never thought I'd be standing in the same spot again only three months later going back...
Not only going back, but taking people back with us this time...
We arrived back at Tabitha Ministry on Wednesday...Honestly, I felt like a kid the day before Christmas. It seemed like forever ago that we told these little ones goodbye and my heart has ached to see them again. It has been such a sweet, sweet time of being with them... I can't wait to show you how much they've grown.

We spent our first full day here in the community of Sweetwaters yesterday. God has given me a love for the people of this community and it was good to be back there. We did a formula and porridge distribution at Tabitha's community center for some of the women of the community...mothers and grandmothers who aren't able to adequately supply food for their babies...once again I was struck by how humble and gracious and appreciative the people are.

Apart from the orphanage in the city, Tabitha Ministry also has another house in the community that is able to provide an immediate refuge for the kids of the area. For those of you who remember Zanele from our first trip here, this shelter is actually she and her husbands old house...her new house actually sits just a few feet from the shelter and the community center. Zanele and her husband have three children of their own and amazingly have taken in 26 more children of the community. The idea of this house is for it to be able to provide immediate shelter for the most at-risk children in the community...those whom have been victimized and abused and whose lives are endangered. Some of their bedrooms...



















The kitchen...
And the sweet 28 year old girl that lives in the house as the "house mom" with them...
I look forward to sharing more of the trip with you...


"For You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to You. For God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness." Psalm 59:16-17


3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing :) feel no pressure to post, but I love hearing about the people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you both & the precious people there. I know ya'll are busy, but hurry up & post again! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete